Monday, November 24, 2008

Top 5 Thanksgiving events I'm not looking forward to

1) Driving six hours one way with my mom, dad, and two dogs that get car sick in the rain up the 101.

2) Having to tell everyone what my brother is doing while they assume im still 19, I still live at home, smoke weed all day and am"still figuring out what path [i'm] gonna take."

3) My dad getting into a fist fight with his hillbilly, okie, white trash brother in law. (This guy is a real asshole. Last fight that broke out, both my mom and my 91 year old granddad got a swing in on the guy before I folded him in half and crammed him into a car).

4) Explaining where my girlfriend is. ("oh she's great! really happy now! we broke up about a year ago because I was neglectful and neurotic while i was finishing my thesis... oh, you didnt know i went to grad school?" conversation once again turns to my brother..."oh yeah... Decker is finishing up his dissertation for his PHD, happily married and just bought a house on Skye")

5) The raging hangover I'll have friday morning after drinking my way through the first four events.

1 comment:

Jen said...

white people thanksgivings are always so interesting